Thursday, July 17, 2014

Jorna Dress


The Jorna Dress is yet another pattern I've been meaning to try out for the past year, and just recently got around to making.  I bought it as part of the 3rd Perfect Pattern Parcel collection (I'm slowing sewing through all the patterns).

The pattern is a pretty quick sew with only the front, back, and lining pieces to put together.  The armholes are finished off by using what I think is called the "burrito method", which was fun.    


I love the simple body skimming shape of the dress that flares out in a flattering skirt.  I made the dress version but I trimmed off nearly 4 inches to the bottom and left it unhemmed.  A change I intend to make in the future is to make the armholes slightly smaller.  
  

This dress takes a whole lot of knit!  I really love this knit I used from JoAnn Fabrics.  I've been eyeing it all season and finally went for it with a coupon.  The next Jorna I have in line to make will likely be the tank version, which still requires quite a bit of fabric for the flared bottom.  However the flared bottom is what makes this pattern special.

Anyway, if you're looking for a no-fuss sew and a comfy summer knit dress, this is definitely the pattern for you!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely dress Renee! This is not a pattern that has been on my radar, but it looks fantastic. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm trying to sew more for myself, which means more knit dresses that aren't too complicated.

      Delete