Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Circle Skirt



If you've never made a circle skirt, you must make one now!  The only hard part about them is that they require a lot of fabric - and that you have to hem all that fabric.  That was a chore!  The fabric I used is some slippery knit I found in the red-tag area of Jo-Ann's.  It's really flowy when I walk, but heavy enough that the fabric hangs nicely.  There's a slight chance it may be swimsuit fabric though...I'm not sure!


My favorite part about circle skirts is the design that is made when you use a fabric with a stripe pattern.  It turns into a wave looking stripe design.  Vertical on two sides, horizontal on the other two.  A better example can be seen here.  This is because you make this kind of skirt by folding the fabric in half, then folding in half again.  Then cut out a wedge on the fold based off the radius of your waist.  This tutorial explains the process.

This skirt is so versitile.  It's comfortable enough for playing with the kids yet can be styled dressier for work.  I'm going to have to hold myself back from cranking out more!  This is going to be my last entry onto the Summer of No Pants pinterest board.  I wanted to do a nice dress since I've only whipped up some skirts, but I don't have enough time to finish it.  Next time!










also linked at:


125Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love circle skirts...they are so flattering! And yours is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I had to make one after I saw your green one!

      Delete
  2. Like it, the fabric works well for the pattern!

    pienkel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete